Saturday, January 14, 2006

Poem and Birthday Salutation

My father and youngest brother’s birthday is on the 19th of January. My father loves my poem The Storm. My brother really took to what I had to say in the book. The following verse is from page 4, As the World Burns Copyright 1995 Zamounde Allie:


The Storm

Thundering thoughts of lightning accelerate my very being. Some stir turbulently striking, forcefully moving onward through calm seas.

Do I have the key to thoughts that pour freely from my misery, taking turns to attack and lead me?

Waves of thoughts come and go, some to the heart to make the tears flow. Others come to light in angry winds; what or who is the tormenter that builds the walls that sometimes cave in?

Sharpened knives of inner thoughts sometimes bring my spirit to a halt. Stealing, draining, leaving, me empty. What are these thoughts? I do not know, for the answer evades, but one day the battle will end, and this will be the battle within.


  • Happy birthday Kahlil, and dad.

No comments: