Thursday, March 02, 2006

Master's Degree for Master Plan

I pondered the thought of continuing on with my education for about five months now, but out of the blue I walked over and register at Webster University. I had planned to obtain a certification in Microsoft; however, I did not feel like driving all over the place or catching the train after work to go into the lab etc. I guess you could say my decision to start my M.A. was out of convenience until you see the price of each class ($810 + Books). Let's see I could have spent $3700 for 4 months or $9720 plus books for two years. I don't know really, but I do know that I am interested in competing for local offices and fighting to catch all the money that trickles down from the government only to return because not enough people are writing the correct grants or creating a income base in the area besides services to improve the conditions of the up and coming citizens who may not realize the game. So I will use the master degree as a resume enhancment to allow me to compete along with my experience and determination with my opponents while enhancing the team of folks currently fighting the game. We are turning rapidly towards a globalization unprecedented and if you take my statement lightly then you may want to read up on how much of America is owned by foreign countries and companies. Let's spin the dial, and set up shop here in the so-called ghettos of America and tap into the global money. I won't disclose my plan yet, but believe me I'm doing my homework. My master degree will be in international relations, my BS is in Workforce Education and Development, my AAS is in Transportation Business Management; however, my heart is with the people. That has always been my charge--to change things for the positive. Look for my petitions and name on the ballots by 2009.

Disclaimer: In no way do I discount the efforts of those out there working hard for the betterment of the nation not those who have come and gone before me--I intend to bring my plan to the table with the same diligence and/or greater than the effort I gave to the U.S. Military for two decades.

No comments: