Thursday, March 30, 2006

Graduate School--the First Class

Well I started my first graduate class a few weeks ago, and there are a few things that I noticed:

1. Graduate students don't want to take breaks--they want to leave early (Does taking breaks speed up the clock?).

2. There are very few people in the graduate class compared to my undergraduate class.

3. I find myself drifting off of the main subject because the teacher (I mean lecturer) is doing the same. So I guess I'll read a little bit more and take good notes.

4. "What does feminism have to do with realism and idealism in international relations?" I think my sister-friend to the left of me was not happy at all about the subject.

5. I work from 6:30 in the morning to 4:30 in the evening and start class at 5:30. I'm glad it's just once a week for now.

6. Some of the class was shocked that I had almost completed my research paper--shoo pick a subject you like to talk about, and you'd find it hard to stay within the limits. I need to save this subject and expand on it for my main paper, too [subject undisclosed].

Finally, I am happy that I decided to go and complete my graduate program. I'm still a young, old head LOL.

1 comment:

Supa said...

Congrats!!! Great decision.

Keep steppin' Brotha Z!