Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Progress Check--It's been a Few Years


I can't believe it's been a few years since I last posted a comment. I've been busy since I graduated from Webster. Shortly after graduating I competed in 2009 and was selected to participate in a great leadership program for one year, graduated in 2010; followed by Squadron Officer School (SOS) by correspondence which I also completed in 2010; finally I enrolled in Air Command and Staff College (ACSC) by correspondence to complete my Intermediate Development Education (IDE) requirements by 2012 as a Category II Department of the Air Force Civilian (DAFC). After ACSC I most likely will compete for a higher position. My ultimate goal is to make a significant difference in the lives of those who serve in uniform by ensuring tip-top policies are in effect. It's been a long tough few years, but, I've grown so much that I cannot complain--taking on challenges that I never thought I would simply by setting goals and trying. It's a trait that developed in me during my time in uniform, but, I'm just now reaping the benefits. The only fear I have is the fear of not trying. Oh one more thing I have been picked up by a great senior executive mentor. Some say I'm his science project--they have no idea LOL. In closing I enjoy relating with people at all levels; most of all because of the intangible value we contribute to each other. Well that's my progress check for now.

No comments: