Sunday, March 01, 2009

Lessons Learned Outside of the Classroom

I have been busy with family, work, and school. I start my final class (seminar) in a few weeks, and graduate in May shortly thereafter. It has been a lot of work, but I also met a lot of good people along the way in school. Work wise I have overcome a few obstacles and making progress. Family life has changed a lot, but I'm adjusting to my kids growing up on me, and my wife and I are spending more time together, too, so that's great. When you reach a summit in life and look ahead it seems impossible to get there, but you must keep stepping forward--looking back only reminds you of what you have done, but remember that when you have that same or similar opportunity later--make it better--lessons learned. Now that I have reached all of my long term goals set a few years ago I have to sit down and think about what I want to do now. I've been around the world, had a great career and a new one, but the question now is what journey will satisfy me---shall I go to Washington? I can see it from where I am standing :)

No comments: